16 December 2009

"Well, if you go when the snowflakes storm. When the rivers freeze and summer ends. Please see if she's wearing a coat so warm . . ."



I went for a walk in the woods and it was all pretty and sparkly from the frost and I was totally down with nature - until some scary noises that sounded kinda like a man with an axe following me and suddenly the freezing walk didn't seem like such a good idea.
The Lizzie B in me liked it though.
The lake was all frozen over, and although it was drummed into me so many times as a child not to I was seriously tempted to stand on the ice. Or lay on it, Clementine-style.

Now my house feels a bit too toasty warm and I don't understand how to turn the heating off so I've been decorating the tree in shorts. Which is all kinds of weird, like when you see a teacher in Tesco.

Ah well, going to finish now and hide all garish baubles from The Mothership as she is really fond of ruining all my efforts at creating a non-tacky Christmas environment.

The lyrics at the top are from my favourite song in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment